Sunday, August 15, 2010

la salle de bain

These 2 shots are of our bathroom when we moved in.  There was an original cast iron claw foot bath, but the plumbing was leaking underneath it.  The hot water system was an old small electric plug into socket.  The floor was cold slate tiles.  The walls were very mouldy.

We gutted the whole room, re- arranged the plumbing for the bath and toilet and made a sepatate walk in shower. We got the cast iron bath re- enamled and de rusted and painted underneath.  The tiles we used heritage white brick style to half way all around the walls and timber lined the walls above and the ceiling.  My only regret is not going with my gut instinct, we ended up putting square white tiles on the floor.  With my hair constantly malting from breastfeeding and labrador hair wafting in from the sun room, I am constantly mopping up with terry towel nappies to keep looking clean.  I would have used a grey tile I think otherwise.


We also had to squeeze in the washing machine. For the hot water service we invested in a solar hot water with booster.  We have never had to turn the booster on.  Yeh free hot water from the sun.

I will miss my bath.  Our new place we are moving to has 2 bathrooms to use but alas no bathtub!  Most nights I have a bath with my little one.  He gets very excitied when he hears the bath water start to run.  Many nights when he has been bouncing off the walls, the bath always calms him down to get ready for bed.  Off  to bed now myself.


I hope the weekend has been restful for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the chandalier light fitting! Very chic.