Thursday, September 2, 2010

saying goodbye

Over the last few weeks I have been saying farewell to my much loved patients whom many have become like friends.  Their kind words and parting gifts mean a lot.

A very beautiful solar etching from Anna.  Thank you so much.

Today I meet my colleagues for a farewell lunch.  Baby slept poorly last night and is having now a big morning sleep.

A bit grey and sultry for the second day of spring.  Mother nature is amazing.  I have neglected my kitchen garden for the last 3 months.  It has still provided me with gorgeous broad beans, spinach and broccoli and rocket(although this has gone a bit bitter).

So wonderful to see all the new buds on our trees.  One of my favourites is the Forest Pansy.  Tiny exquisite pink buds appear briefly. Later in summer large purple green leaves that turn bright orange in autumn and then bare in winter.  I love this tree and would love to plant it  in my new garden if in the right climate.

I sincerely hope all your babes are sleeping well and Mamas all get some well deserved help and rest


take care

xxx Jill

1 comment:

Cate B said...

see you soon at lunch ,so sorry to hear Che did'nt sleep well last night (hope he wakes in time for lunch!)
it's so hard saying goodbyes.....but it's not goodbye really, just "see you later" in a different place. I love your gorgeous photos and beautiful words and will look forward to keeping in touch this way xxx