Wednesday, March 30, 2011

mass breast-feeding sit in and self love

Mass breastfeeding protest at Lifeline Asquith - Local News - News - Hornsby & Upper North Shore Advocate

Above is the link to an article regarding an email I received about a breast feeding sit in protest encouraging people to attend earlier in the week.  The sit in was 3 hours away so it was not possible to attend.  Really glad it all worked out well and positive in the end.

Thinking today it all really does just begin with self love doesn't it.  From there compassion, sincerity, patience and getting joy out of daily life follows.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jillian,
I like this verse from the Vietnamese Zen Buddhist Monk,Thich Nhat Hanh...I think you may too.

'Waking up this morning,I smile.
Twenty four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live fully in the moment
and to look at all beings with eyes of
compassion.'

A lovely meditation at the beginning of a new
day.
Jude x












.
'

Hope you don't mind me sharing this with you.

Jude x

Vicki said...

Hi Jill,

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, it does start with self love, love yourself, respect all things.
What a gorgeous little mascot on the lawn mower!
Vickixx