Tuesday, April 26, 2011

anchors

I have a confession to make.  As I look back over the many chapters of my life so far.  Hopefully half of my time here.  I realise there have been women in my life that I have anchored myself upon.  Women with whom I have identified deeply and then thrived on the essence of them.  Their creativity, their courage and resilience.  Their witty sense of humour and their ability to rise up against sorrow and misfortune.  I have secretly wanted to be them.  Perhaps even had a funny little crush on them. 

When I don't have women in my life that affect me so, I feel so lost.  Perhaps that is what I feel I absorb from this blog world.  All up it is one big best girlfriend that I can lean on and anchor myself to.  This probably sounds a bit sad but  I have moved around so much and lost contact with so many wonderful women.  Now being a forty something mother of a very active, loud and boisterous although adorable little boy and uprooted myself into yet another place.  Well I am so glad to have this space.

I just wanted to give an kiss and hug to those women in my life that have inspired me and helped me get out of bed in the morning.  If those women ever read this they will know who they are.

Have you had those anchors?  How have they shaped you?

1 comment:

Felicity said...

I think there will be many of us who can completely relate to the joy that our Blogerista girlfriends provide and I agree with your concept of the 'anchor' - very true.

xx to you, F.